How do we find more time in the day? How do we stop flying on autopilot zipping from one task to the next? Try the age old ancient practice of mediation!
One of my favorite sites, artofliving.org shares the many benefits of mediation and shows how it affects us on a physical, mental, and emotional level.
On a physical level, meditation:
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
- Decreases any tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
- Improves the immune system
- Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy
On a mental level, meditation:
- Anxiety decreases
- Emotional stability improves
- Creativity increases
- Happiness increases
- Intuition develops
- Problems become smaller
It’s never too late to infuse meditation into your daily life! Just start slow. Start at maybe five or ten minutes a day anytime you have a moment to spare. On your break at work. When you wake up in the morning. Before you go to bed. Whenever. Gradually, start creating a routine where you meditate at the same time daily and work your way up to twenty minutes or more a day. Before you know it, you’ll find the inner peace you need to help you fully live in the moment. Don’t be surprised if meditation becomes the best part of your day!
When you find your inner Zen, you always win!
Cheers and Namaste!
Deep Roots Consulting & Marketing Services